Beachmere Area Network Group was formed mid 2014, and became an incorporated association in June 2015. The groups was formed in an effort to work with all community organisations, businesses and residents to make positive changes in Beachmere.
There is a list of items that community groups contributed to – which is to be updated and will be made available on this site. A number of projects are underway, including the communication with State Members of Parliament about improving Beachmere Road, the improvements to Beachmere Conservation Park, the creation of a community garden, artwork on the water tower, and the formation of better emergency communication and support, and much more.
We can report that:
- Members have been working with Beachmere State School on their community garden and have made exciting progress. Click here for more details.
- Members have been working with Unity Water on a proposal for some artwork on the water tower. Progress is slow, but there is progress.
- Beachmere Conservation Park. Discussions have been held with state and council representatives about proposals for this park.
- Beachmere Map – local business operators have been approached re advertising on the new Beachmere Map. It is hoped to have all the map details completed, and advertising ready for printing by the end of January 2016. Details re launch will be announced on Facebook, and via email to members and supporters.
- Beachmere Brochure – first print run has been done. Thank You to Mr Rick Williams, State Member for Pumicestone for photocopying for us. They have been distributed to local businesses and will be in Visitior Information Centres in the Moreton Bay Regional Council area in January.
- Emergency Management Plan for Beachmere. Beachmere has no police station, no fire station, no SES, or other support services but on occasions has events which require management from within Beachmere. BANG has had two meetings and an Emergency Management Plan is being developed and will be announced soon.
- Community Hub – and welcome packs for new residents – on hold.
Watch this space for more details.
Office bearers are:
President – Karen Harris
Vice-President – Christine Dillon
Treasurer – Simone Greer
Secretary – Di Hill
Committee Members : David Riley, Ricky Blacker, Alyson Ray,
Membership of BANG is only $10 per annum – Committee Meetings are held each month, Open Meetings every other month, with the Annual General Meeting in November.
See the website at www.bang.org.au
DISASTER MANAGEMENT Team
The Beachmere Area Network Group has been working with Moreton Bay Regional Council on a Disaster Management Project for Beachmere since early 2015. A further meeting will be held shortly, to proceed with this project, and we are interested in hearing from people in Beachmere who would be able to assist with this project as
- Management team members
- Members of a possible SES team in Beachmere
- Communications team members
- Safety officers
There will be a range of volunteer positions available.
For the moment, until an official announcement, there will be some coordination of information through this website and the BANG Facebook Page.
One thing that has happened since the early 2015 initial meetings is that the Beachmere State School now has a shipping container which has stored within it, bedding and other items for use during an emergency where people need evacuation from their homes.
It is possible that the RSL Club (formerly Club Beachmere) will be the meeting point – but more details will be posted when they come to hand, but it is a good place to go to if you cannot access your home.
Anyone interested in being a volunteer for the Disaster Management Group, can you please email your name and contact details to email@example.com